Saturday, February 11, 2012

Playing "Doctor"

 First of all, I'd like to apologize for not write for a few months- life got in the way! I'm going to try to catch up here soon but we'll start with the present.
 Yesterday, I hear Sophia playing in her room and she calls to me,

"Mommy, do you want to play doctor with me?"

This intrigued me, what could she possibly mean by this? So I walked into her room and asked,

"How do we do that?"
"Well, I put on my BennyBear shirt and take my telescope and listen to your heart and give you a shot so you don't die, and that's how you play doctor."

Playing "Doctor"
Well, that sounded good to me! She also asked if I had another "BennyBear shirt" (shirts we had made for Bennett's benefit last June) so that Noah could play too. I gave her one of my small shirts, which she was swimming in, and she gave her shirt to Noah. They proceded to spend the next 30 minutes listening to everyone who got within five feet of them with the telescope (a play stethescope I bought for her when she was Bennett's age) and giving us all shots (poking me in the arm with a ponytail holder she had folded in half). Bennett managed to avoid them, but still sneak a peek at me around the corner. It was such a fun time, and I hope this is the only way she ever tries to play doctor, unless she becomes Sophia Wevers, MD!
Peek, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment