Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Saturday!

  Hooray- the weekend is here! I don't work now until Tuesday night, so it's Mommy-kiddo time until then. I'm excited, but exhausted thinking about it. I don't know how those stay-at-home moms do it- I love my children more than I can ever explain, but going to work is a great break for me (my time off from my kids consists of delivering other peoples' kids)! I'm pretty sure I'd go nuts staying home all of the time. I admire SAHM's very very much- you have the hardest job in the world and you NEVER get a break (or paid enough). Yesterday was a great family day- I think the last we will all have together until Bennett has surgery. The kids played and tore the house apart- but what's the point of having a house with kids if it doesn't LOOK lived in, right? I guess today will consist of cleaning up and getting ready for the 2 grad parties and the wedding we have to go to today (why is everything on the same day all the time?).
The kids relaxing watching a movie
  I just gave my kids the choice to watch "Despicable Me" or go for rest time. Their choice: jumping on the guest bed while singing "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" I don't remember giving an option C. And now, one of my monkeys just fell off (and hurt his ear). All done now! Thankfully, they are starting to listen a little better- and (crossing my fingers) it's been almost a week since Sophia's last poop incident, so I hope we're done with that nonsense now. And... Bennett is thisclose to rolling over from his back to his belly! He gets almost all the way over, usually to look at something next to him. They change SO quickly when they're little!! My favorite thing to do is just hold him and talk to him, and him smile and talk back to me. What a joy it is to be a mother!! I hope today is a great day for everyone- and congrats to Paul and Hayley on their marriage and to Gloria and Amanda on graduating from grad school!

No comments:

Post a Comment